Aggressive Tooling is a custom machine building company based in Greenville, MI that is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer. This candidate is excited about automation, thrives on solving problems, enjoys working with others and is detail orientated. This candidate will work with a strong team of Controls Engineers to design, implement and document custom-built machines that primarily weld, gauge and perform leak tests on exhaust systems.
Salary, Hours, and Travel
- Base earnings range between $33.00 per hour to $45.00 per hour.
- We allow flexible hours and workweeks. Estimated average of 50 hours per week.
- Travel required: Approximated to be 15% of the time, but could be more or less depending on the candidate’s desires.
- When travel is required, it is typically one or two day trips.
- International travel to Mexico, Canada and Japan could require up to 5 days.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scope and design a complete machine controls package (includes electrical and pneumatic)
- Project management
- PLC/HMI Programming
- Review machine designs from the mechanical perspective
- Provide general guidance and training
- Machine support (remote and on-site)
- Participate in recommending ideas related to productivity and improvements to the product
- Identify and resolve problems
- Strong mechatronic abilities
- Detail orientated with successful project management skills (15+ projects at a time)
- PLC Programming (CompactLogix / RSLogix 5000) and HMI Programming (Panel View Plus)
- Strong knowledge of machine safety best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication
The following skills are preferred, but not required:
- Department and Job management experience
- Ethernet / IP Communication
- Robotic integration
- Serial (RS232) Communication
- Siemens PLC Programming
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical
Bachelor’s Degree in a controls engineering program with 5 years in field experience or 10+ years related experience in the field, of which two years must be outside of material handling. Automotive manufacturing background or knowledge of gauge and leak test machines are preferred.
Aggressive Tooling understands that taking care of your needs as our team member is one of the most important things we can do. Therefore, as part of our commitment to our team, after an introductory period, we offer a generous benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Life, Short and Long Term disability insurance
- 401(k) profit sharing plan
- Quarterly profit sharing plan
- Paid vacation and holiday
- Flexible working hours
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject of “Resume for Senior Controls Engineer”.